You’ve come up with what you hope will be a great thesis for your paper. Want to make sure before you get started with it? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Does your thesis take a position, propose a solution, or answer a question?
- Does your thesis give you enough material to write a full-length paper?
- Can you come up with interpretations of your thesis that don’t match your own?
- Is there evidence to support your thesis?
- Will readers want to read an essay with this thesis?
If the answer to any of these questions is ‘no,’ you need to revise your thesis.